The Werthein Family
In addition to their corporate activities, the members of the Werthein Family have also led and continue to lead social initiatives that contribute to the development of their communities.
Some of their noteworthy achievements include:
- Noel Werthein was co-founder of the University of Tel Aviv, together with George Weiss, in 1968; President of ORT schools in Argentina; and President of the Argentine-Israeli Chamber of Commerce. Noel was also a member of the Argentine Hebraic Society and was awarded the title of Doctor Honoris Causa by the University of Tel Aviv.
- Numo, Abraham, Noel, Julio and Norma Gold de Werthein (Leo Werthein's wife) were all Presidents of ORT schools in Argentina over a 40 year period. Numo also co-founded the University of Tel Aviv, together with George Weiss.
- Gregorio Werthein was the President of the Banco Israelita del Río de la Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Julio Werthein was President of ORT Technical Schools, a UNESCO Good Will Ambassador (1995) and the President of the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange (2002-2005). He was also the President of the Sister Cities Foundation and the President of the CICYP (Inter-American Council of Commerce and Production).
- Leo Werthein was President of the Tzedaká Foundation, President of the Argentine Angus Association and Director of the Sociedad Rural Argentina.
- Daniel Werthein served as Vice-president of the DAIA Foundation (Argentine Delegation of Israeli Associations).
- Adrián Werthein President of the Latin American Jewish Congress (CJL) and member of Executive Comitee of the World Jewish Congress.
He is member of the Board of Directors of the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange, and member of the Board of Governors of Tel Aviv University since 1977.
Insurance Forum Chairman within the G20 Summit, Argentina 2018.
Former President of the Inter American Council of Commerce and Production (CICyP).
Previously he served as the President of the Ineba Foundation (Buenos Aires Neuroscience Institute) and of the Grupo Joven de Campaña Unida Argentina - Grupo King David.
- Gerardo Werthein is the current President of the Argentine Olympic Committee, of the ENARD (National Entity of High Performance Athletics) and of the Organizing Committee of the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires.
He is the President of the Digital and Technology Commission of the International Olympic Committee and of the Sport for Hope Foundation.
He is also the Director of the Olympic Channel and of Olympic Broadcasting Services and Gerardo is a Member of the International Olympic Committee. in addition, he is the former President of the Argentine Equestrian Federation.
- Darío Werthein is the Chair of the Board of Trustees of World ORT and he is also a Member of the Board of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee.
Dario currently serves as a Counselor to the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange.
Task Force on Employment & Education Co-Chair within the B20 Summit, Argentina 2018.
He is the former President of the Tzedaká Foundation and he was a member of the ORT Argentina Board of Directors.